Monday, June 18, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday: My Summer TBR Picks

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because they are particularly fond of lists at The Broke and the Bookish. They'd love to share their lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!

Topic
June 19: Top Ten Books On My Summer TBR List


1. Sweet Evil by Wendy Higgins - Ever since I heard about this book--which was nothing but positive reviews--I've wanted it very much~ Who wouldn't love a British lead hero? ;) It just sounds awesome, and I finally have it sitting nicely on my shelf.

2. Taken at Dusk by C.C. Hunter - I've had this for a few months now, and it's basically just gathering dust. I wasn't too impressed with the second book in this series, so I just put this one aside when I got it. I told myself I would get to it sooner or later!

3. Graceling by Kristin Cashore - I've been wanting this book for about two years now, and when I finally saw it at my local Walmart, I flipped out. I saw the whole series there actually! I got the first two, in case I liked the first one enough. So this is definitely a book that I'll be reading this summer. ;)

4. Masque of the Red Death by Bethany Griffin - This is one of those books where I'm so excited about, I want to put it on hold for a little longer, just to draw out the excitement. ;P Haha, I'm very happy I got this when I did, because I'll be reading this bad boy soon! So maybe it won't be in the summer?! xD

5. Grave Mercy by Robin LaFevers - I actually feel pretty crappy that I stopped reading this. I hate leaving a book unfinished, especially when I was so hyped and so wanting to read. I didn't put this book down because it was bad. No way. I put it down because I wanted to read this other book way more. But I WILL finished Grave Mercy in the summer, for sure. :)

6. Immortal Beloved by Cate Tiernan - I've had this book for forever, I first got it when it came out in hardback(with the different cover). That's how long I've had it lol. But I got the paperback and the sequel when they both came out with matching covers. I actually had started this when I got it in hardback, but put it down because of other books. Gah! I've heard a lot of good things about this, so I think I'll be reading it very soon!

7. Soul Screamers: Volume 1 by Rachel Vincent - I had wanted to start on this book long before this, but as you can see, that didn't turn out well. ;P This is one of this "must" things for me, because I had wanted the first book when I heard about it in 2009, so summer definitely read!

8. Dark Frost by Jennifer Estep - I've been waiting on this book to release for months! I love this series so far, and the mythology that goes with it. :) I'm a sucker for Greek Mytho...what can I say? ;P

9. The Dark Elite by Chloe Neill - I think I've had this book for going on a year now, and haven't even lifted a finger to turn a page yet. And I was so pumped on getting this. :/ I don't understand me sometimes, lol. ;P So I think I'll give this a go in the summer!

10. Legend by Marie Lu - I think I read about five pages of this and put it down thinking I'd get back to it the next day. Didn't happen. And I will get to this during the summer, because I really want to enjoy this like everybody else on the net seemed to have. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment