Wednesday, June 20, 2012

TMI Casting News: We have Isabelle!

Last night on Tumblr, Cassie Clare posted some casting news--that's VERY MUCH awaited--about Isabelle. :) And Jemina West is set to play her! She's just gorgeous and perfect in all the right ways. I could definitely see her playing Izzy.
Here's what Cassie said, "She’s beautiful (like whoa) and really talented. You can see her as Vittoria on The Borgias right now. She had a lot of Izzy’s toughness and directness in her audition. I like her."

Also! She posted along with this that they have already casted Alec (Izzy's bro) as well. But when she was in the middle of making a post to announce who he was, the studio called and told her to wait a bit.

"Basically, I got a call from the studio that Alec and Izzy were confirmed and to go ahead and blog about it. I got through blogging Izzy and got a call saying 'Hold off on Alec.' So I waited, and I just got off the phone again and basically: I can’t tell you who Alec is because — well, I don’t entirely know why, but it has to do with his schedule, and telling could get a bunch of people shot.
Or something. I am not entirely sure; Hollywood moves like molasses except when it moves like gunpowder and calls me back halfway through a Tumblr post. Do NOT stay up waiting for this news: it could actually be a few days, though I am going to be optimistic and hope for shorter.
For those asking about all the other parts: there are actors under serious consideration for every major part at this point. Just because Alec and Isabelle’s contracts got finished first doesn’t mean they aren’t in the middle of casting everyone else.
I go back to Vatican City and hide in the Popemobile. In the meantime, at least enjoy that Izzy is cast, she’s great, and we’re on the downward slope: there WILL be more casting news and it’ll be soon and it’ll be cool. Sorry, guys!"

But she gave up some details about the actor. :)

"I can say he’s a British actor*, he has dark hair, I’m pretty sure you know who he is, I like him a lot, I’m pleased he’s going to be Alec. He and Jemima are going to be gorgeous siblings."

British! Woot! :D I know a lot of people around the internet are just raving about this good casting news (FINALLY!). I know I am! Can't wait to see who's Alec, which shouldn't be much longer of a wait.

2 comments:

  1. I think this was a great choice for Izzy but I am so eager to see who they cast for everyone else!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! Me too. It's so frustrating having to wait so long. Look how short they did everything for The Hunger Games! Gah!

      Delete