Thursday, November 3, 2011

Book Review: Tiger's Voyage by Colleen Houck

Rating★★★★
Release Date: November 1, 2011
Pages: 560
Publisher: Sterling, Splinter.
Source: Bought
Age Group: Young Adult
Format: Hardcover
Buy: Barnes and Noble

"With the head-to-head battle against the villainous Lokesh behind her, Kelsey confronts a new heartbreak: in the wake of his traumatic experience, her beloved Ren no longer remembers who she is. As the trio continues their quest by challenging five cunning and duplicitous dragons, Ren and Kishan once more vie for her affections--leaving Kelsey more confused than ever. Fraught with danger, filled with magic, and packed with romance, TIger's Voyage brings Kelsey and her two tiger princes one step closer to breaking the curse."

As promised, here's a review. :) I read this around the middle of last month, October. So forgive me if my memory is a little weak lol.

There are spoilers ahead!

Let me begin by saying this book is the best out of the three books in the Tiger Saga so far. I've been a hardcore fan since the first book came out, and it just keeps getting better and better. ;) I could picture each detail as if it were right in front of me. It was that vivid. I could picture the scenery perfectly, especially when they went to the dragons lairs. That was a fun ride all by itself, even though that was the main thing lol. There were other little fun things in there as well that made it all the more better. <3

I thought it was pretty clever to bring in another guy. That was pure gold. Wesley just cracked me up each time he opened his Texan mouth. I loved it. ;P It was cute watching Ren and Kishan fume over him too. It was sweet LOL.

Also, when Ren got his memory back, I'm glad he was back to himself. Not just the deal where it's like "Oh I've got my memories back, but I'm still the same as I was. Not the old me. I'm still the new me." I was afraid that would happen. If that happened, I couldn't take that. I would've definitely threw the book across the room lol.

I think my most favorite though would have to be when they visited the green dragon's lair. I knowwwww. Anyone who has read it would probably be like, "Wtf is wrong with you?!" And I don't know lol. I think it's because that Ren and Kishan basically had to battle their way through the green dragon's obstacles just to prove that they both love Kelsey. As if they needed to do that in the first place. Or it might be just because that Ren and Kishan were dressed as fairy-tale princes. That was something to imagine~ <3

As to the question, am I team Kishan or Ren? .....That is a hard thing to answer. "fans self* Lol, I have no idea. I love Ren, I've loved him since book one. I mean, who wouldn't? But Kishan has my heart. Not only do I feel incredibly sorry for the guy, but I do love him. He's sweet as can be, and he's just plain adorable. <333 He just needs a big ole hug. He also needs a happy ending, and it doesn't look like he's going to get one. But what do I know? I could be totally wrong. I hope I am! Colleen said he would on a video Q&A she did. So I hope she keeps her word!

The ending wasn't as bad as the second book. I know some people might disagree with me. But I was okay with the ending for this one. I'm definitely going to read book four, and cry my eyes out. Lokesh just needs to go. Like to another planet and stay there. I'm trying not to go to drastic measures on that one.

Also, I did read the exclusive content they had put in the back of the book. (I got mine at B&N.) ...Wasn't that some crap? I would say it was cruel, to make Kelsey fall in love with Kishan, then...that? I guess you gotta do what you gotta do with your story to make it 'better.'

This books is definitely one of my top-ten favorite books this year. I loved every minute of it and everything about it! 2012 just can't get here fast enough! :P

View all my reviews
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment