Friday, November 18, 2011

Review: The Morganville Vampires, Volume 3 by Rachel Caine

Rating★★★★★
Release Date: March 1, 2011
Publisher: Penguin Group (USA) Incorporated
Format: Paperback, 464pp
Age Group: Young Adult
Source: Bought
Buy: Barnes and Noble

Lord of Misrule

In Morganville, violent black clouds promise a storm of devastating proportions. As student Claire Danvers and her friends prepare to defend Morganville against the elements the unexpected happens: Morganville's vampires begin to vanish. Discovering why leads Claire to one last choice: swear allegiance to the evil master vampire Bishop- or die...

Carpe Corpus

An underground resistance is brewing, and in order to contain it Bishop vows to obliterate the town and all its inhabitants. Claire and her friends are the only ones who stand in his way. But even if they defeat Bishop, will the vampires go back to the old rules, after having such a taste of power?


Warning! Spoilers ahead!

Let me start off by saying that this book (well two books) was full of surprises. I actually had to reread a few paragraphs because I was like, "...What in the hell just happened here?" I love a book full of surprises. :D It keeps me reading. I need to be interesting in a book within the first couple of chapters. Boi this had me, I tell yur. /end southern slang.

What I like most about this, is when Shane and Claire finally had s-s-sex. OH MY GOD, IT'S SUCH A DIRTY WORD NOW. ;P I loved how much more softer Shane got. It was quite heart melting, if I do say so myself. asdfghjkl;

Also, I love Michael. Pfft, end of story. He's just...URGH. When Claire describes his "angelic looks" and "amazing smile", I can just totally picture it in my mind. Also, I have a thing for blondes. ;P And I loved Eve since book one. She's hilarious and a badass girl. Who wouldn't love her?

And Myrnin. OHHOHOHOHOO.. Myrnin. He's my favorite character. He reminds me of Brad Pitt in Interview with the Vampire. Expect...blacker hair, and a more pointed face, lol. At the end, when Claire described him as: "He looked completely different to her now, and not just because he wasn't crazy anymore. He'd remembered how to dress himself, for one thing; gone were the costume coats and Mardi Gras beads and flip-flops. He had on a gray knit shirt, black pants, and a jacket that looked a bit out of period, but not as much as before." jdklghasdhvkljls I feel for him harder then.

As for Bishop, death would be too kind for him. Going crazy like Myrnin had is good enough for me. Thar. (Harsh, I know.)

I loved this book! Can't wait to get started on the next omnibus. :)

View all my reviews
post signature


Books In This Omnibus

No comments:

Post a Comment