Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday {#32}

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we are eagerly anticipating.
Expected Publication: January 1st 2013
Publisher: Amulet Books
Format: Hardcover, 384 pages
This stunning debut captures the grotesque madness of a mystical under-land, as well as a girl’s pangs of first love and independence. Alyssa Gardner hears the whispers of bugs and flowers—precisely the affliction that landed her mother in a mental hospital years before. This family curse stretches back to her ancestor Alice Liddell, the real-life inspiration for Lewis Carroll’s Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland. Alyssa might be crazy, but she manages to keep it together. For now.

When her mother’s mental health takes a turn for the worse and the whispers grow too strong to bear, Alyssa learns that what she thought was fiction is based in terrifying reality. The real Wonderland is a place far darker and more twisted than Lewis Carroll ever let on. There, Alyssa must pass a series of tests, including draining an ocean of Alice’s tears, waking the slumbering tea party, and subduing a vicious bandersnatch, to fix Alice’s mistakes and save her family. She must also decide whom to trust: Jeb, her gorgeous best friend and secret crush, or the sexy but suspicious Morpheus, her guide through Wonderland, who may have dark motives of his own.

Unless she fixes the things her great-great-great grandmother Alice put wrong, Wonderland will have her head.

My Thoughts: I've heard so many awesome things about this book, and it just makes me want to read this book the more I read about it. Urgh.

4 comments:

  1. gr8 wow / there is a splintered galley on netgalleu

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knowwww. I tried requesting it and it denied me. But I requested again lol.

      Delete
  2. This one does look really intriguing! :) Good pick!!

    ~Ali
    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I've been requesting it like hell on NetGalley lol. But they won't accept me. :( Thanks!

      Delete