Thursday, July 19, 2012

{Casting News} TMI: Jocelyn, Hodge, and Magnus are cast!

Apparently, I missed a whole lot of casting news yesterday for City of Bones. But don't get me wrong, I love being bombarded with awesome news when I wake up from a nap. In this case, a hella long nap. ;P
Anyway, Cassie posted yesterday three separate posts about three new actors joining the CoB team!

Lena Heady is playing Jocelyn Fray, announcement found here. You might know her from Game of Thrones as Cersei. :D I'm super excited to see Lena as Jocelyn. I just hope she's not as big of a bitch in TMI as in Game of Thrones. *facewall*
Here's what Cassie said:
I have had an actress crush on Lena for years so when they told me she was cast I did a happy dance and hit Sarah Rees Brennan on the head with a spoon. Actually I would have done that last bit anyway. Lena is amazing and I think she will be amazing as Jocelyn. I am super psyched.

Hodge will be played by Jared Harris, seen here. I really like him as Hodge, I loved him in Sherlock Holmes: Game of Shadows. And I'm sure he will do wonderfully in CoB. c:
 Here's what Cassie said:
Hodge is also a really complicated character. He’s not entirely bad, not entirely good. He’s a brilliant man led down a bad path a long time ago and he can’t turn back, but he does love those kids he tutored. So if you’ve seen either Mad Men or Sherlock Holmes: Game of Shadows (in which he was Moriarty), you know this guy, and you know he’s fantastic at moral ambiguity. He’s got SAG awards and Emmys all over the place and I think he’ll really nail Hodge’s moral dilemma. Welcome, Jared!

 And now, for my favorite person out of the casting news. Magnus Bane will be played by Godfrey Gao, seen here. AND HOLY HELL. THIS MAN IS A SIN TO LOOK AT. I just...I just can't express the feels I have. THE FEELS. He's perfect for Magnus. ;)
Here's what Cassie said:
So after an exhaustive search during which many, many hot Asian men were considered by the casting director (her job, so painful), the director, and the seventy-odd other dudes who have to sign off on this kind of thing, I can confidently tell you that our Magnus may be … THE HOTTEST MAN IN THE WORLD. Which is only fitting for Magnus, of course. Our Magnus is: Godfrey Gao.

You cannot take a bad picture of this guy. It is impossible. That is probably why he is a supermodel as well as being an actor.

Godfrey is, in addition to being all gorgeous and stuff, super-talented (his audition was awesome), loves the books, and is, like Magnus, ridiculously tall.

He is also super-nice — we emailed briefly and he said “I’m half Southeast Asian, because my mom is Peranakan Malaysian And my dad is Shanghainese - Soo hopefully the fans will like me playing Magnus!”nbsp;

Oh, I don’t think there’s any worry about that! But if you are as happy and excited as I am, tell Godfrey! He’s on twitter at http://twitter.com/godfreygao and he’d love to hear from you.

So happy!!! What do you guys think? :) 

6 comments:

  1. I agree! They are all completely perfect :D so excited!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there -new follower randomly commenting to say how gorgeous your blog is! Did you design it yourself?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi hi! And thank you so much! :D And yes, I did do it myself, but the template was already made by blogger. I just did some custom HTML coding and all that jazz to add to it. :)

      Delete
  3. I LOVE who they got for Magnus, he is ridiculously hot lol.

    ReplyDelete