Tuesday, August 21, 2012

{Top Ten Tuesday #5} Fave Books During The Lifespan Of My Blog

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because they are particularly fond of lists at The Broke and the Bookish. They'd love to share their lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!

Topic
August 21: Top Ten Favorite Books You've Read During The Lifespan Of Your Blog


Oh, this is going to be hard. I can't just pick 10 books out of the year I've had my blog! Urrgh. ;P


1. Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo -  Shadow and Bone was just downright amazing. Spectacular, incredible, all of the above. This is easily one of my top five favorites of 2012. And is easily the top ten of all time. <3 I loved this book so much, plus more. It deserve every one of those stars; and if there were more stars, I'd give it more. Definitely. This is one of those times where I wish I had all of the books in the series. I. Must. Have. Them. All. o_o

2. Defiance by C.J. Redwine -  For me, this book was very easy to get into. And I loved it instantly. Mostly because I love the idea of a YA book set in medieval times. But other than that, it was very enjoyable! The suspense from the first page kept me interested from the very get go, and I couldn't put it down!

3. Cinder by Marissa Meyer -  This book totally made the top few on my list that made me want to actually kill someone myself. Brutally. And mercilessly. ._. Instead of having to go through the pity I felt for the main character, whilst thinking, I would totally give that person a good hard jab in the vagina. Anyway, that's just me, focusing on two characters in particular that I fucking despised. xD

4. Angelfall by Susan Ee - So much badassness in one book. So much emotion. So much...everythinggggg. This book was totally and completely incredible. By far, the best book I've read in a long while. This story isn't for the faint at heart. BUT IS SO GOOD. UGH.

5. Wings of the Wicked by Courtney Allison Moulton -  ...I seriously...seriously...LOVED this book. IT WAS SO EMOTIONAL, I COULDN'T STAND IT. But I did, and it seriously left a bruise on my heart. xD I think the almost heart attacks that I had when I read this book is enough for me to send CA Moulton my medical bills. Especially that one I had in the last few pages of the book. YOU PULLED A CASSANDRA CLARE ON US, CA. D:< Buuuut I won't because I'm a nice person, and I want the next book. :3

6. The Fault in Our Stars by John Green - This book. There's no words to describe how amazing this book is. So many emotions. And it's the first John Green book I've ever read. Though, I seriously wish I had read a book of his before I read this one, to at least prepare myself for his type of unholy-good writing. Damn.

7. The Immortal Rules by Julie Kagawa -  *flails around, screaming* This. Was. The. Definition. Of. Badassery. I have a hard time believe anyone could not like this book. I can't put it into words about how different this was from her Iron Fey series. Not bad different, believe me. I have nothing bad to say about this piece. Julie Kagawa didn't fail me with this one. That's for damn sure. Before this book, I was about done with vampire books. Like, almost completely wiping them off my genre criteria. But when I heard that she was writing a vamp book, I couldn't resist the hella strong urge to pick this book up. Julie developed basically a whole new breed of vampires that definitely do not sparkle. They drain you, not become besties with you. Like most YA books that have even one vampire in it. -__- It was like taking a breath of fresh air. <3 span="span">

8. The Iron Knight by Julie Kagawa -  I couldn't have come up with a better ending than Julie did with this series. I cried. I don't usually cry over books. But this is one series that kept me hooked from the first chapter in The Iron King. I have always been a fan of faeries since I was but a wee tot, but my taste kind of ventured of into vamps and weres since the last couple of years. But from the moment I picked up this series, it was like I was a kid again. Even though it was for YA, it had me plummeting back to memories of when I was little, looking through fairy books, wondering if I'd every see a fairy in my lifetime. And I have to say, I can say I have seen a fairy, a whole new world of faeries. I was so engrossed in this series, I felt like I was apart of it.

9. Tiger's Voyage by Colleen Houck -  Let me begin by saying this book is the best out of the three books in the Tiger Saga so far. I've been a hardcore fan since the first book came out, and it just keeps getting better and better. ;) I could picture each detail as if it were right in front of me. It was that vivid. I could picture the scenery perfectly, especially when they went to the dragons lairs. That was a fun ride all by itself, even though that was the main thing lol. There were other little fun things in there as well that made it all the more better. <3

10. Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi - Ahh, what can I say about this book. Well I can say that this was one hell of a book. It had all the elements that I love. Non-gagging romance, awesome dystopian world, cute as hell hero that I love, brave heroine that I adore, and killer plot that keeps me thinking. I seriously love Veronica for writing this book, it's a whole new take on dystopian YA books, and this tops every dystopia book I've read. Ten fold. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment