Wednesday, December 14, 2011

CLOCKWORK PRINCE by Cassandra Clare {Book Review}

Rating: ★★★★★
Publication Date: December 6, 2011
Publisher: Margaret K. McElderry Books
Edition Description: Collector's First Edition
Format: Hardback, 502pp
Series: Infernal Devices Series, #2
Source: Bought at Walmart
Buy: Barnes and Noble | Amazon | Walmart

In the magical underworld of Victorian London, Tessa Gray has at last found safety with the Shadowhunters. But that safety proves fleeting when rogue forces in the Clave plot to see her protector, Charlotte, replaced as head of the Institute. If Charlotte loses her position, Tessa will be out on the street—and easy prey for the mysterious Magister, who wants to use Tessa’s powers for his own dark ends.

With the help of the handsome, self-destructive Will and the fiercely devoted Jem, Tessa discovers that the Magister’s war on the Shadowhunters is deeply personal. He blames them for a long-ago tragedy that shattered his life. To unravel the secrets of the past, the trio journeys from mist-shrouded Yorkshire to a manor house that holds untold horrors, from the slums of London to an enchanted ballroom where Tessa discovers that the truth of her parentage is more sinister than she had imagined. When they encounter a clockwork demon bearing a warning for Will, they realize that the Magister himself knows their every move—and that one of their own has betrayed them.

Tessa finds her heart drawn more and more to Jem, though her longing for Will, despite his dark moods, continues to unsettle her. But something is changing in Will—the wall he has built around himself is crumbling. Could finding the Magister free Will from his secrets and give Tessa the answers about who she is and what she was born to do?

As their dangerous search for the Magister and the truth leads the friends into peril, Tessa learns that when love and lies are mixed, they can corrupt even the purest heart.

Slight spoilery!

I say. That was the best book of Cassandra Clare yet. By far.

So much happened in this one book, I don't even know where to begin. D:

I wasn't expecting a number of things to happen with this one. I've been a fan of Cassie since City of Glass came out in 2009, and she never ceases to surprise me. Especially with this one. I mean, I don't think I've ever been more surprised by a book in my life yet.

One, it tells more about Will's family, and why he's such a jerk. (I think a lot of people will be satisfied with that bit.) I liked that I could see more into his past, because I really wanted to know why he acted the way he did. And lemme tell ya, he had a rough burden on him.

Also. CHAPTER 18. OH MY GODDDDDDDDD!!! If that didn't satisfy Team Jem fans (Which I am one), I don't know what will! HOLY MOTHER OF GOD. I think my heart leaped out of my chest!! I WASN'T EXPECTING THAT ONE DAMN BIT. o_o And the thing that made me even more happier, Tessa said yes. OMFGGGG.

I lol'd when Magnus kissed Will. That's all I'll say on that one. ;)

I feel absolutely sorry for Will at the end. Because after I read about his...situation...I started to like him...a lot. After he got all hyped up and happier than he's been in probably his whole life... And then Tessa had to tell him about...*shuts mouth before spoiler*...that. And her bluntness and the very last paragraph at the end of the book... dkhgsdkl;UGHHHH. That totally tore me down along with him. Because this book will sway you on which Team you're on. I know it did me, but I'm not too far gone from Jem. <3

Also. I really don't like Jessamine. I didn't like her in Clockwork Angel. What she did was really...bitchy. Nyeh.

I don't want to say too much, for fearing of spoiling anything and everything. I feel like I did already. But there's so much that happened in this, my head is still reeling! UGH.

I need the next book. And it's the last one. BAD FEELING.

God, help me.

View all my reviews





post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment