Thursday, October 27, 2011

Book Review: The Iron Knight (The Iron Fey #4) by Julie Kagawa


Rating: ★★★★★
Release Date: October 25, 2011
Pages: 400
Publisher: Harlequin
Source: Bought
Age Group: Young Adult
Format: Paperback
Buy: Barnes and Noble


"My name—my True Name—is Ashallayn'darkmyr Tallyn. I am the last remaining son of Mab, Queen of the Unseelie Court. And I am dead to her. My fall began, as many stories do, with a girl…"

I couldn't have come up with a better ending than Julie did with this series. I cried. I don't usually cry over books.

But this is one series that kept me hooked from the first chapter in The Iron King. I have always been a fan of faeries since I was but a wee tot, but my taste kind of ventured of into vamps and weres since the last couple of years. But from the moment I picked up this series, it was like I was a kid again. Even though it was for YA, it had me plummeting back to memories of when I was little, looking through fairy books, wondering if I'd every see a fairy in my lifetime. And I have to say, I can say I have seen a fairy, a whole new world of faeries. I was so engrossed in this series, I felt like I was apart of it.

Reading this in Ash's point of view really made me think twice about which "team" I'm on. But I'll be damned if I ever stop loving Puck. <3 Reading Ash's feelings, it made me feel sorry for him. He got what he deserved in the end. I truly am happy for him. He's been to the end of the world for Meghan, quite literally if you know what I mean. Aside his love for Ariella, he would do anything for Meghan. And I admire him for that. That's what true love really is. Ash proved that much.

Action was my second favorite thing to read in this book. I wasn't expecting it (the adventures they went through), but I kind of knew it would be there. I felt like I was sitting on the side, watching them. It was very vivid in my head. :P

I do think that Wolf and Puck are my favorite characters out of the whole series. Even if Wolf only showed up in the last book. Puck, of course, is out right hilarious. Then he can have his soft moments, like he did with Meghan. I do hope he gets his happy ending soon. It kind of left off in a bit of a cliff-hanger on his part. But, I guess that's where your imagination comes in. :)

In the end, I cried. I cried like a baby lol. This series was so amazing, The Iron Knight definitely blew me away. The whole series did! It couldn't have ended better, Julie. Thank you for creating such a vivid and amazing world. We owe you one. ;)

Oh, and can I just say that the preview in the back of the book of Blood of Eden sounds absolutely awesome? THAT will be something to read. Can't wait. :3

View all my reviews
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment