Tuesday, October 30, 2012

{Top Ten Tuesday #7} Favorite Kick-Ass Heroines

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because they are particularly fond of lists at The Broke and the Bookish. They'd love to share their lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!

October 30: Top Ten Favorite Kick-Ass Heroines

I haven't done a Top Ten Tuesday in a while, so I figured I'd do one now, since this is my favorite category. ;P I think I've done this TTT before, though I'm not completely for sure. But it's changed, I'm positive. ;) And this is also from all the heroines I've read about.

I'm not putting these in no particular order.
10. Calla Tor from Nightshade by Andrea Cremer 
The reason why I'm putting Calla as number 10 is because she was kind of a bitch, but I liked her because she could hold her own when she's told to do something. Or for anything.

9. Elisabeth "Ellie" Monroe from Angelfire by Courtney Allison Moulton
I really liked Ellie in this series. And she gets tougher throughout the book and in the second book as well. She wasn't that whiny, wasn't really anything special except for the Preliator. She was just a typical girl trying her best to fight that evil in the night. ;)

8. Dru Anderson from Strange Angels by Lili St. Crow
Dru is all kinds of badass. She's mean, tough, and doesn't take shit from anyone. I think there's hardly a scene in the book where she's actually happy. Or smiling as a matter of fact, lol. But I loved her, and I'm seriously sad that her series ended. :(

7. Allison "Allie" Sekemoto from The Immortal Rules by Julie Kagawa
Ahhh, my little Asian vampire. ;3 I really loved you and I always will! Allie was totally kick-ass in TIR, as she embraced her vampire state like a breeze, like she was made for the bloodsucking nature. I couldn't ask for a more controlled, and kick-ass heroine for a situation such as she was in.

6. Evangeline "Evie" Greene from Poison Princess by Kresley Cole
I wouldn't really say that Evie was kick/bad-ass, but she just made me like her for some odd reason. The way she handled Jackson was how I would've handled him. Well...throwing in a few fist fights here and there and some abandonment lol. (I hated him...shh.)  But this book is now one of my faves, and I can't help but bring Evie along with it. :)

5. Beatrice "Tris" Prior from Divergent by Veronica Roth
Tris is one of my top ten ALL TIME favorite kick-ass heroines. She's awesome in Divergent, but she changes a little in Insurgent, but I can understand why she's changed. A lot of shit on your plate will do that to you. I love her, she is totally bad/kick-ass. :)

4. Rosemarie "Rose" Hathaway from Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead
I think Rose was the first kick-ass heroine I had read about YA, and she will always stay on my top FIVE list. :) I love her to death, and she is so strong and independent. I don't think I'd ever knock her off my list. She will always stay with me. :D

3. Dante "Danny" Valentine from Working for the Devil by Lilith Saintcrow
Talk about a bad bitch. From the very get go in this series, Danny was kick-ass in every which way possible. She always held her own ground, and fought to hell and back, literally. She was put through so much and she survived so much, it was remarkable how amazing she was. I loved her!

The main book Aimee was in in the Dark-Hunter novels, I fell in love with her. She was such a strong woman and she knew how to fight just as well as her were-bear brothers did. ;) She was sweet and kick-arse at the same time. I would seriously love to see her in a part 2 of BMR is that were possible!

1. Catherine "Cat" Crawfield from Halfway to the Grave by Jeaniene Frost
I just had to put Cat as my first pick. I recently finished what is the Night Huntress series so far, and I absolutely adore Cat. She is so bad-ass it's unreal. I love her and Bones's relationship and how strong it is. I seriously need them more in my life. ;) Can't wait for the next books to come out!

So guys, what're your top ten picks? Tell me in the comments below, or post your link! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment