Saturday, September 17, 2011

Book Review: Bloodlines by Richelle Mead


Rating: ★★★★★
Release Date: August 23, 2011
Age Group: Young Adult
Format: Hardcover
Pages: 432
Publisher: Penguin Young Readers Group
Source: Bought
Buy: Barnes and Noble

The first book in Richelle Mead's brand-new teen fiction series - set in the same world as Vampire Academy. When alchemist Sydney is ordered into hiding to protect the life of Moroi princess Jill Dragomir, the last place she expects to be sent is a human private school in Palm Springs, California. But at their new school, the drama is only just beginning. Populated with new faces as well as familiar ones, Bloodlines explores all the friendship, romance, battles and betrayals that made the #1 New York Times bestselling Vampire Academy series so addictive - this time in a part-vampire, part-human setting where the stakes are even higher and everyone's out for blood.

I thought this was suppose to have some at least some romance? I mean, I'm not saying anything bad about the book. It was an excellent read. :) But there wasn't any romance in it until the very end, and it wasn't even that much to begin with. I thought that was Richelle's specialty lol. At least it was something though. I guess since all the books I've read have a bit of romance in it, it's kind of weird to read one that hasn't got but one paragraph's worth of it. Oh well, I loved this book either way. <3

Also, this made me feel even more sorry than I already was for Adrian. He was still his normal, cocky, charming self. But it seems like it's all a mask for his depression. Well, of course it is. It's pretty obvious, but it gets to be where you really want to breakdown and hug the hell out of him. And tell him everything is going to be hunky-dory.

I really liked Sydney, she's a lot like me in a way. Wanting to get shit done without causing any problems. And she seems like she's anti-social, or is lacking in the social department. :P Much like me. But I liked her a lot more than I did Rose. By the way, it seemed like Rose's first and last appearance was a bit exaggerated. That's all I'm going to say on that one.

Two things totally took me off guard in this book. One, is that I couldn't believe that Adrian and Jill are Spirit-Bound. That was some shit. The other was that the tattoos the students used had vampire blood in it, to boost them up a bit. I don't know why that one caught be off guard. It seemed so cool in a way.

The ending made me want to rip my hair out. Okay, I'm done. :)



View all my reviews
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment