Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Books Review: Blue Bloods by Melissa de la Cruz


Rating: ★★★
Release Date: March 27, 2007
Age Group: Young Adult
Format: Paperback
Pages: 336
Publisher: Hyperion Books for Children
Source: Bought
Buy: Barnes and Noble

Schuyler Van Alen is confused about what is happening to her. Her veins are starting to turn blue, and she’s starting to crave raw meat. Soon, her world is thrust into an intricate maze of secret societies and bitter intrigue. Schuyler has never been a part of the trendy crowd at her prestigious New York private school. Now, all of a sudden, Jack Force, the most popular guy in school, is showing an interest in her. And when one of the popular girls is found dead, Schuyler and Jack are determined to get to the bottom of it. Schuyler wants to find out the secrets of the mysterious Blue Bloods. But is she putting herself in danger? Melissa de la Cruz’s vampire mythology, set against the glitzy backdrop of New York City, is a juicy and intoxicating read.

I started reading this books two years ago, and I'm just now finishing it. Like, what the fudge? But I don't know why I stopped. Maybe it's because I had too much to read?! Or maybe it was because that was the time when I actually got into reading, and maybe didn't understand it.

Thanks Twilight.

Anyway. I really liked this book. I should have read this series when I first got it. (Which was the first three books.) I liked the fact of the Silver Bloods. That was nice twist. But since I'm late on reading this series, and I've heard a lot about it, I take it vampires aren't the only supernatural/paranormal being in this series. And that's why I'm definitely going to read the series. I mean, I have all of the books except for the last one. :D

Okay. About the characters; I hate Mimi, I'm okay with Jack, I like Bliss, I love Oliver, and Schuyler is alright. And exactly how to you pronounce her name? Is it Sky-ler? Because Oliver's nickname for her is 'Sky'. Or is it Shoo-ler? So confusing! D:


View all my reviews
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment